AH Challenge: Colonization through Dynastic Marriages

One of the posts over in the Preventing the Hapsburg Genetic Collapse that dominated the Seventeenth Century TL, came up with an idea of perhaps of widening the pool of potential non-relative candidates by having the European monarch marry into established Kingdoms in the Americas, Africa and Asia. As far as I understand it no effort was made atleast during the intial decades of the Age of Exploration to legitimatize the newly discovered kingdoms? Since this is before the development of the social construction of Racism, what would it take for the European Houses to believe that the best way to bring these territories into their own realm was by perhaps by marriage? Would the technological gap between the The Americas, Africa and Asia have to be smaller?,Coupled maybe with the phenomenon of having the early attempts to conquer such kingdoms ultimately fail? Is there any specific one POD that could be used to get an precedent established for such a thing as the Spanish marrying one of the Tawantinsuya princess? I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Interesting idea, but the Habsburgs were VERY Catholic. I'm not even sure whether they'd accept converts. Also, they insisted that all 16 great-grandparents of potential mates had to be nobles. (Rather not minding if someone had less than 16 great-grandparents.)

Hmm, will something like this happen in your TL? I remember there was a Montezuma/Cortés dynasty princess in exile in Spain in the old version.

I never got an answer if the Spanish Hapsburg king Charles would accept Beatriz Cortés as a suitable candidate for his son Philip. It would give the Spaniards a claim to Mexico.

With the tlatoani line of Moctezuma ennobled in OTL, perhaps it could be possible for a European house to marry into them.

However, the problem is that even if they were ennobled as per European custom, they were not a ruling house; the monarch marriage policy starting in the Early Modern Period stressed equal marriages more (hence with feudal entities giving way to modern states, a royal prince would have to marry a royal princess, or after 1648 a princess of an Imperial realm or such). England was the exception, and even then they preferred consorts of royal rank.

With the tlatoani line of Moctezuma ennobled in OTL, perhaps it could be possible for a European house to marry into them.

However, the problem is that even if they were ennobled as per European custom, they were not a ruling house; the monarch marriage policy starting in the Early Modern Period stressed equal marriages more (hence with feudal entities giving way to modern states, a royal prince would have to marry a royal princess, or after 1648 a princess of an Imperial realm or such). England was the exception, and even then they preferred consorts of royal rank.

So to put in laymen's terms, not likely in the ATL scenario I drew out?

KOngo took quickly to Catholicism, but unlike what was said earlier, I believe that racism had already reared its ugly head by 1492.