4 contenders POTUS election 1912

I was reading up on the POTUS election of 1912, and the divisions in the Democratic party that year. If Champ Clark had managed to wring the Democratic nomination, how likely is it that William Jennings Bryan might decide to pull a Roosevelt. He knows the Republicans were split and he might think that he might have a shot.

So November rolls around you have 4 big tickets

Taft/Sherman-Republican
Clark/Sulzer-Democrat
Roosevelt/Johnson-Progressive
Bryan/Marshall-Populist

Who do you think would win, or would the election be thrown to the House?

Any Ideas?

Seriously, no takers?

I think that it's likely the election will go to the House. Any ideas who might be elected by the House? Will this election be the first nail in the Electoral College's coffin?

The thing is I think it's likely Roosevelt will actually lose voters out in the west who will vote for their favorite, William Jennings Bryan.

I don't think any candidate will get the minimum electoral votes.

What really screws things up is that Champ Clark is the House Speaker. I think he has a chance of cobbling together enough votes, though doing so will look very bad, bad enough he might not win re-election. The good thing would be this might finally spell the end of the electoral college.

The thing is I think it's likely Roosevelt will actually lose voters out in the west who will vote for their favorite, William Jennings Bryan.

I don't think any candidate will get the minimum electoral votes.

What really screws things up is that Champ Clark is the House Speaker. I think he has a chance of cobbling together enough votes, though doing so will look very bad, bad enough he might not win re-election. The good thing would be this might finally spell the end of the electoral college.

the west didn't love William Jennings Bryan that much, he only won big "out west" once his first race he won all the wester states, second time he split them and the last time he lost almost all of them, by 1912 William Jennings Bryan and Populism were dying, Champ Clark was deeply conservative in an age were people wanted Progressives so he's doomed as is Taft, it's Roosevelt uber allies!