The HEART Development and Core Thread

The criterion for what is an "uninhabited territory" seems to be very weird. Vast parts of Yamalo-Nenetsia are included despite being home to nomadic reindeer herders and certain Arctic islands are left off despite being less inhabited than an underground cave

10# Patch for HEART-1914 addon:

Europe is done (except 2nd lvl for balkans, UK and Scandinavia) and ready for 1915-1918 patches. Also files are too big for now, so idk how to upload next patches :(
Anyway! The addon is in the WIP status, so I will be glad if you are careful and make your own amendments

1914_10.png

10# Patch for HEART-1914 addon:

Europe is done (except 2nd lvl for balkans, UK and Scandinavia) and ready for 1915-1918 patches. Also files are too big for now, so idk how to upload next patches :(
Anyway! The addon is in the WIP status, so I will be glad if you are careful and make your own amendments
Its nice that you removed the Volga resevoirs but you should probably draw the river still as now it appears todisappear in the middle of Russia

HEART is to large for AH, I suggest you upload the full map to a image hosting site like imgur or pasteboard and share it here as a link

Better not try to show them because almost all of siberia can be counted as uninhabited but it was everywhere clearly russian territory
Depends on your definition of uninhabited, though I personally don't think control is exactly synonymous with being inhabited
Roads and navigable rivers for example would have to be shown as controlled (if they are indeed controlled) despite parts of them being uninhabited
Also uninhabited is really subjective, is it uninhabited because nobody permanently lives there, or do nomadic peoples occupy the area seasonally, or are there research stations / outposts that are inhabited by a non-civilian population?

I think the only areas that are deserving to show as being uncontrolled are those that were still unexplored at that time, even that can be a little iffy though as unexplored areas were usually still at least claimed

Its nice that you removed the Volga resevoirs but you should probably draw the river still as now it appears todisappear in the middle of Russia

HEART is to large for AH, I suggest you upload the full map to a image hosting site like imgur or pasteboard and share it here as a link
I said before, that I don't think I can do it correct, so left it to others :)

Patch #94

Doing a little bit here and there all over the map, finally made it so that all 3 Guyana's are added, I also tried to make a start on Canada but thats honestly just too much at this time, so I also tried to do a bit of Alaska and fixed up the Sahel region so only coastal west Africa is left to do and we can mark another continent as finished!

Added Guyana
Added lower Ontario
Added Nunivak Island and the Seward Peninsula
Added Mali
Added Niger
Added Burkina Faso

1714814238248.png

1714814257489.png

1714814339449.png
\
1714814361903.png

11# Patch for HEART-1914 addon:

China patch. Very hard..
I really think about getting rid of small cliques and warlords and do just China as it was with de-facto territories, without the rising regions.
Bogd Khanate of Mongolia and Xinjiang borders are incorrect. About China color: in 1914 it was already republic, as I know, so it should be green like Taiwan in modern-day HEART, but in some reasons I color it like a Qing Dynasty monarchy🤔
Also added colonies
Tibet resources:
1914_11.png

About China color: in 1914 it was already republic, as I know, so it should be green like Taiwan in modern-day HEART, but in some reasons I color it like a Qing Dynasty monarchy🤔
Maybe you can justify it with it not being a Kuomintang-ruled semi-democracy back then but instead a very incompetent idealist republic?

11# Patch for HEART-1914 addon:

China patch. Very hard..
I really think about getting rid of small cliques and warlords and do just China as it was with de-facto territories, without the rising regions.
Bogd Khanate of Mongolia and Xinjiang borders are incorrect. About China color: in 1914 it was already republic, as I know, so it should be green like Taiwan in modern-day HEART, but in some reasons I color it like a Qing Dynasty monarchy🤔
Also added colonies
Tibet resources:
View attachment 904948
I made this map a few years ago, it should be better than the video for the Tibetan polities. "Changtang", "Sertha", and "Yushu" aren't political entities of any kind, just scattered nomads.

6Bsqk1y.png

Most of the stuff on this map is regional military commands that existed at the beginning of 1916 and should just be shown as Chinese, except maybe Yunnan, Sichuan, Guangxi, Guangdong, Guizhou, and Xinjiang which could be shown as autonomous.