I will, i got carried away there.

Just hoping Margaret will do a good job at damage control.
Hehe, I'm delighted that I inspire such emotions from you.

Well, you know how the saying goes: Hell hath no fury like a plantagenet mother fighting for her sons inheritance.

Not Elizabeth of York 😭😭😭. But I love the butterflies here and it would make me so very happy if Edward’s three surviving girls got happy fates (far away from England).
The princes in the Tower didn't end much better. Moreover it's it change, somehow in most TL's Mary the Rich of Burgundy dies in OTL's hunting accident. Something I find a shame.

@BlueFlowwer: great to see this brilliant TL revived.

Hehe, I'm delighted that I inspire such emotions from you.

Well, you know how the saying goes: Hell hath no fury like a plantagenet mother fighting for her sons inheritance.
Yep, Just ask Elizabeth woodville (for Elizabeth of York) and Margaret Beufort (For Henry VII)

The princes in the Tower didn't end much better. Moreover it's it change, somehow in most TL's Mary the Rich of Burgundy dies in OTL's hunting accident. Something I find a shame.

@BlueFlowwer: great to see this brilliant TL revived.
I am so flabbergasted that so many people liked my wacky Burgundian timeline!

No princes in the tower this time, I promise! And Mary is gonna live to make old bones here.

I can't say that I haven't foreshadowed the fates of Edward IVs children so far and keep in mind that his oldest living daughter is betrothed to Philip so far. 👀

Last edited:
Since Charles of Lorraine is going to inherit his grandfather's skill in opposing/humiliating France it would be interesting if after Margaret gives up the Duchy of Burgundy (while hopefully keeping the Imperial County of Burgundy, Charles using his maternal claim to it ends up seizing Ducal Burgundy resulting in the Duke of Lorraine being the Duke of Burgundy while the House of Valois-Burgundy continue to use the title through their ownership of Imperial Burgundy.
How much will they have to pay the Emperor to raise the County into a Duchy?

Even better, Charles will have no living sons or his heir will die childless and his lands will pass onto his younger sister who having married Philip's heir will allow for the Duchies of Lorraine and Burgundy as well as the County of Bar to pass to the Valois-Burgundians while the Duchy of Anjou will be inherited by another Angevin.
As a result, we could see the rise of Lotharingia (Kingdom of Lorraine)

Last edited:
I really do hope france doesn't get Lotharingia. They'd have nothing but the force of arms for their claim after all.
France isn't gonna get Lorraine no, fear not.

Since Charles of Lorraine is going to inherit his grandfather's skill in opposing/humiliating France it would be interesting if after Margaret gives up the Duchy of Burgundy (while hopefully keeping the Imperial County of Burgundy, Charles using his maternal claim to it ends up seizing Ducal Burgundy resulting in the Duke of Lorraine being the Duke of Burgundy while the House of Valois-Burgundy continue to use the title through their ownership of Imperial Burgundy.
How much will they have to pay the Emperor to raise the County into a Duchy?

The idea of Charles claiming the ducal Burgundy is a very interesting one. However, does the emperor have the means to defend anything with Lorraines help against the oncoming french tidal wave...

Even better, Charles will have no living sons or his heir will die childless and his lands will pass onto his younger sister who having married Philip's heir will allow for the Duchies of Lorraine and Burgundy as well as the County of Bar to pass to the Valois-Burgundians while the Duchy of Anjou will be inherited by another Angevin.
As a result, we could see the rise of Lotharingia (Kingdom of Lorraine)
*goes of to plot shenanigans again*