My understanding is that the "Archipelago Frigates" were basically Baltic variations on the xebec, which is similar to what the Corsican Navy already uses. The Corsican polacres (Lacedemone and Idra) are square rigged, unlike the lateen rig of a "true" xebec, but the actual construction of those ships are very similar: a low, lightly built hull with a narrow waterline and broad beam, and single piece "pole masts" rather than the multi-part masts of other square-riggers. As for the hemmema, a 36-pounder main battery on a 26-gun ship is frankly rather insane and makes me think that they probably weren't "xebec-built" in the traditional sense, because no Mediterranean xebec I'm aware of could handle that kind of artillery without destroying itself.

Carronades would absolutely be useful to the Corsican Navy. The favored tactic of the Barbary corsairs was boarding, which they facilitated with overly large crews, sometimes stuffing 300 well-armed men into a rather modestly-sized xebec that in another navy would have had fewer than 200 crewmen. A low, lightly-built ship closing to boarding range with its deck crowded with men is basically the ideal target environment for a carronade, and at the very least replacing the QD/FC guns with carronades would make perfect sense (although the Navy's current corvettes are all flush-decked and don't actually have QD/FC guns). They would also be helpful for the Navy's small auxiliary ships; an 8-gun cutter with 12pdr carronades is much more dangerous than the same ship with 3pdr long guns. At the moment, however, the Navy is not exactly flush with cash, and given Corsica's alignment with the Bourbons during the recent war, I doubt any would have made their way to Corsica during that time. In the future, however, they might certainly find their way into Corsican arsenals.

My understanding is that the "Archipelago Frigates" were basically Baltic variations on the xebec, which is similar to what the Corsican Navy already uses. The Corsican polacres (Lacedemone and Idra) are square rigged, unlike the lateen rig of a "true" xebec, but the actual construction of those ships are very similar: a low, lightly built hull with a narrow waterline and broad beam, and single piece "pole masts" rather than the multi-part masts of other square-riggers. As for the hemmema, a 36-pounder main battery on a 26-gun ship is frankly rather insane and makes me think that they probably weren't "xebec-built" in the traditional sense, because no Mediterranean xebec I'm aware of could handle that kind of artillery without destroying itself.

Carronades would absolutely be useful to the Corsican Navy. The favored tactic of the Barbary corsairs was boarding, which they facilitated with overly large crews, sometimes stuffing 300 well-armed men into a rather modestly-sized xebec that in another navy would have had fewer than 200 crewmen. A low, lightly-built ship closing to boarding range with its deck crowded with men is basically the ideal target environment for a carronade, and at the very least replacing the QD/FC guns with carronades would make perfect sense (although the Navy's current corvettes are all flush-decked and don't actually have QD/FC guns). They would also be helpful for the Navy's small auxiliary ships; an 8-gun cutter with 12pdr carronades is much more dangerous than the same ship with 3pdr long guns. At the moment, however, the Navy is not exactly flush with cash, and given Corsica's alignment with the Bourbons during the recent war, I doubt any would have made their way to Corsica during that time. In the future, however, they might certainly find their way into Corsican arsenals.
There were Xebec Frigates that combined some of the traditional merits of both. Though the type did earn the disasterous repution after a very poorly crewed Spanish Xebec Frigate got captured by a British ship a fifth it's size.

Hence why I added them being early production that couldn't get a buyer yet (and Carrons foundries and British arms makers as a whole weren't only open to governments currently in line with Londons views. Having a few dozen early Carronades purchased at a discount by a Jew with a affection for Corsica isn't inconceivable.

Saving money on guns by mounting on a pivoting platform isn't entirely unthinkable.

If the US Barbary wars happen like OTL Corsican forces could end up melding well with the USN. In OTL the US largely sent frigates and sloops. Heavy, large, deep draft vessels that struggled to maintain close blockades and chase down the small and light enemy shipping. It needed gunboats and mortar boats and I think eventually got the assistance from Sardinia or Sicily.

So a force of mostly converted civilian light craft of the Corsicans would actually meld pretty well with needs.

Of course mortar boats are still necessary. Should be able to buy surplus 8 inch or 13 inch British naval mortars cheap.

Problem is... The US might not have any ships to send! Unless I missed something, the USN doesnt exist in either OTL or TTL. Maybe they could refit the Alliance and assemble a small squadron centered around it, but the original six frigates haven't even been laid down yet

Problem is... The US might not have any ships to send! Unless I missed something, the USN doesnt exist in either OTL or TTL. Maybe they could refit the Alliance and assemble a small squadron centered around it, but the original six frigates haven't even been laid down yet
I mean from context it sounds like it'll be a couple years in the future like the OTL Barbary Wars.

As much as the Corsican revolution has butterflied alot of things in Europe, I think the U.S. and it's form of Government has remained the same as OTL.
Other then Washington (and I doubt he would want a lifetime job) I can't see any persons who would fill the needed role of a liberal constitutional monarch options for the US.

Other then Washington (and I doubt he would want a lifetime job) I can't see any persons who would fill the needed role of a liberal constitutional monarch options for the US.
There was also a plot (can we call it a plot?) to make some Prussian Prince the King but that was it (also, why did people seem to be obsessed with making random Prussian princes king of their country? I also heard that there was also a plot to make some Prussian Prince in the middle of the 19th century, King of Nepal too)

There was also a plot (can we call it a plot?) to make some Prussian Prince the King but that was it (also, why did people seem to be obsessed with making random Prussian princes king of their country? I also heard that there was also a plot to make some Prussian Prince in the middle of the 19th century, King of Nepal too)
Yes but said wanna be king would have to be fine with basically being a figurehead and accepting the republican semi democratic structure of the US.

I think the Prussian OTL candidate for King of America- Prince Henry of Prussia, brother of Frederick the Great- would be too busy with the business of serving as regent for Prussia ittl instead as his bro was killed in battle

Exactly, the only person Americans at this time could maybe stomach (and that's a big maybe btw) as a potential king was Washington and he didn't want the job.

While we're talking differences between this and OTL, can someone make a bullet point list of the differences? (Except the obvious new island kingdom)

While we're talking differences between this and OTL, can someone make a bullet point list of the differences? (Except the obvious new island kingdom)
Things I remember:
(Italy)
-Piedmont got some lands from Genoa they did not get in our timeline.
-Genoa turned into a failed state propped up by none of the great powers wanting it to die.
-Tuscany got some strategic islands, in exchange of giving away some worthless enclaves (I think?) to Genoa.
(Middle Europe)
-Württemberg is still led by the Catholic branch of the family (or was it the Protestant branch?) as their last scion married non-morganatically (I think he is married to one of the Corsican royalty in this timeline?)
-Prussia is in a weird spot, with Silesia and the East Prussia gone, and with Heinrich ruling over the place.
-Saxony is stronger, and have little bit more lands compared to our timeline.
-Poland is not divided and is led by a Polish nobleman who is a Pro-Russian guy with everyone thinking him as a pliable enough candidate.
(East Europe)
-Greeks got a bit of the taste of self-governance by that Principality of Islands thing, even though it was short-lived, and led by a Corsican Greek whose claim as having the blood of a Byzantine royalty is pretty much ridiculed.
-Principality of Dacia is established by Russians, which is then given to Wettins as a consolation prize for giving up on Poland (author said it is something he considers non-canon, but let us not kid ourselves, everyone counts it canon even if author doesn’t)
(Rest of Europe)
-Spain got that island I forgot the name of, but gave up Gibraltar.
-English Navy is probably less daring due to not being able to hang that admiral.
-Lots of Jews from North Africa fled to Corsica.

And that is it, as I remember.

The last updates hinted that Jeffersons efforts to establish an anti-Barbary coalition would be more successful in TTL due to Corsica. In OTL they failed which required the US to invest in a navy
By the time Jefferson was POTUS the US already had a navy and a number of frigates and sloops after fighting the Quasi War.

By the time Jefferson was POTUS the US already had a navy and a number of frigates and sloops after fighting the Quasi War.
Before Jefferson was POTUS or even came back to the US, he was one of the main US diplomats in Europe. Barbary attacks started almost immediately after the US navy was disbanded and Jefferson tried to deal with it.

Before Jefferson was POTUS or even came back to the US, he was one of the main US diplomats in Europe. Barbary attacks started almost immediately after the US navy was disbanded and Jefferson tried to deal with it.
How are they supposed to contribute to a coalition without ships.

And the USN wasn't disestablished. The Continental navy was.