If You Could Change One Historical Event, What Would It Be?

It'll take a lot of convincing

I would go back to 1945 and convince or subvert decisions so the U.S will follow Patton's plan and kick the U.S.S.R. out of Europe and back to Moscow.

I would go back to 1939 and give the British government a atomic bomb and instructions on how to use it.

Give them time to build a aircraft to carry it and bye bye Hitler and Berlin.

The second event would be to prevent the explosion of the space shuttle Challenger in January 1986. I would go back to a few weeks before the accident and give a copy of the videos of the disaster and the official accident report to the head of NASA and explain the major impact the tragedy had. At the same time I would also give them materials as well about the 2003 loss of the Columbia so they could do something about alleviating that issue as well. To be on the safe side, I would also drop copies of this info with key journalists and scientists just in case NASA should try and cover it up.

I'd go back to early 1970's and try to convince NASA that the Space Shuttle is nothing more than a huge money pit and that they should look at alternate designs..

Operation Eagle Claw is an overwhelming success, with luck it would propel Carter over Reagan and avoid the wave of conservatism that swept over America in the 1980s. Sometimes I honestly feel like we're living in one big conservatism-wank TL with the POD being Operation Eagle Claw.

Operation Eagle Claw is an overwhelming success, with luck it would propel Carter over Reagan and avoid the wave of conservatism that swept over America in the 1980s. Sometimes I honestly feel like we're living in one big conservatism-wank TL with the POD being Operation Eagle Claw.

That's just scraping the surface of what was needed for Carter to top Reagan.

More aggressive on military spending...don't cancel the B-1..

A strong economic recovery plan...

Participate in all 3 debates with Reagan so you don't get crushed in the final one....

Last edited:
1. 9. November 1923: Adolf Hitler get shot and killed during his failed coup.

2. 3. April 1849: Friedrich Wilhelm accept the offer of the National Assembly to become Kaiser

3. 18. February 1516: Henry VIII. and his wife Mary gets a healthy son.

Prevent Julius and Ethel Rosenberg and David Greenglass from selling classified Atomic bomb information to the Soviet Union. (1947?)

For my own, totally non ideological, completely personal reasons? Prevent Newfoundland's coming into confederation. Best case scenario is a saved culture and a commonwealth version of Iceland, worst case scenario is reverted to a British Overseas Territory; neither which I mind and both which would mostly prevent the outright destruction of Newfoundland English.

Go back in time, shoot Attila the Hun before he goes on a murderous rampage (but after I'm sure he cannot be changed). Bam. Rome doesn't fall for at least a while, Europe ends up a bit better.

That or stop the prequels from ever being made.

Since I last posted, my suggestion has been seconded several times.

Silver: Go to Fords Theater on April 14th 1865 and right before Booth does the deed hamstring him and leave him for Lincoln to hang.
B. Go back and prevent Lincoln assasination
6. Save Abraham Lincoln.
If it's US history, I'd whack Booth. Lincoln lives, Reconstruction isn't messed up, and we are POTENTIALLY saved 100 years of pain.

I'd convince Eisenhower not to help the MI6 overthrow Mossadegh. Barring that, I'd prevent Saddam Hussein from taking power in Iraq and triggering a 34-year chain of wars in the Persian Gulf that have yet to end.