German Reorganization Proposals - 1871 to Present Day

Germany had it's states borders changed mostly only once. During post war occupation. Before that we only had the unification of Thuringia, Mecklenburg as well as the expansion of Hamburg and the Oldenburg exclaves being giving away.
I'm well aware of that, thus my point. All of these proposals are fascinating, and this is a great thread. I was merely observing that Germany is different from other federations.

I just wanted to do a quick update on what the following few posts will entail. My aim is to get two posts out before Pentecost (when I'll be going on a little vacation), and then the last two, which will be quite hefty, in June. After that, this project will go on hiatus for a bit. Probably until October or November, sadly. Personal stuff coming up, including my B.A. thesis, which has nothing to do with this topic at all XD.

The first is what I'll call a "Weimar-Era Miscellany", compiling smaller proposals like the ones I've included [here] with some new ones, plus some properly included sources. This will also include some notes from Walter Mühlhausen's "Hessen im 20. Jahrhundert", who includes some small references to Hesse-related proposals from that era. I dunno if I'll find enough stuff in the future to do a follow-up on non-nationwide proposals in the Weimar Republic, or if I'll find enough stuff to do a second look at Hesse specifically like I did earlier in this thread by looking at Ludwig Bergsträsser's documents.

The next will be a look at the formation of Lower Saxony in the post-WW2 British occupation zone and what alternatives existed at the time. This will include a general overview on the academic discourse on small states versus small states, since the question of viability was foremost on the mind when Lower Saxony was deliberated upon.

The other two are a two-parter, maybe even a three-parter, covering the many, MANY proposals the Western Allies had in relation to the Rhine Province and the Ruhr industrial area. I've found some excellent sources on this, including a few maps, and it'll basically be building on top of the post I made [here]. I plan on the first part being on French proposals, then the second part being on British and American proposals. If I stumble across more US sources, they might become their own post. Now, as a small teaser, these proposals will include several options to partition Germany instead of merely redrawing state borders, but given the proximity of the two topics and that this is my thread, I'll do what I want!