Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Unfortunately I think the mod author stopped working on the 3 kingdoms mod. You should be able to form rum once Byzantine is destroyed although it's been awhile since I played 2 but that sounds right. The best way to get Slavic nomads and have it make some sense is to make a custom character under one of the smaller hordes somewhere in sibera. Failing that make under the dulos and invade into Russia proper.
Thanks Razorfloos, you are the best :D

I thought only Orthodox or Hellenic rulers can reform the Byzantine Empire in 2.
And the empire of Rum?

Also, ladies and gentlemen, look at the thing I did heuheu

image.png

I need suggestions of total conversion mods like AtE, it is urgent, I'm starving for gameplay
If you like Game of Thrones, try The Seven Kingdoms (TSK). It’s set during the Andal invasions and it’s focused on Westeros, which is a lot bigger and detailed than in the other mod. Sadly, key ASOIAF systems like the Maesters are missing, but it runs better in exchange.

Ooooh, what have we here?
A 769 Wessex start that by 1080 has snowballed into the Empire of Britannia, in control of Britain, large swathes of France, Germany and Italy, and also happens to control Constantinople.

Oh, and we're all Orthodox too. Except for those damn Catholic heretics who refuse. Most annoying. And we have absolute cognatic inheritance which means that the last five monarchs have all been Empresses named Charlotte Rosemary, because why not?

Attachments

• britannia2024.jpg
    britannia2024.jpg
    1,021.4 KB · Views: 48
image.png

Ladies and Gentlemen
Northern and Irish
I come here at this moment with a question, do you see, I'm trying to do a pet dream of mine of an UK led by Northern Ireland, direct rule from Belfast, build the wall against the south and make the londoners pay for it. The problem is that my King cannot run in the election for the british emperor title, so I came here to ask why is that the case.

A Roleplay Latin Empire save from CK2

The Chronicle of the Latin Emperors

In the year of our Lord 1214, Emperor Henri I, by the grace of God sovereign of the Latin Empire of Constantinople, began the 9th year of his reign. Henri was a robust man of 40 years, having first ascended to the throne in 1205 after the untimely death of his brother Baudouin.

This year, Henri took a second wife, the young Elvira of the noble house of Hauteville . But their union was to be brief, as the fair Medany sickened and died of a terrible flu only months after their marriage. The grieving Henri sought to drown his sorrows through war and conquest.

He turned his ambitions westward, towards the ancient city of Abydos on the Hellespont, then under the control of the Greek Nicene Empire. Henri's forces moved swiftly, and after a brief siege, Abydos flew the eagle-banners of the Latins once more. Flushed with success, the emperor did not stop there.

His hungry gaze fell next on the island of Samos in the Eastern Mediterranean, at that time a holding of the Turkish Sultanate of Rum. Henri's knights and men-at-arms made the crossing and swept over the island. The outmatched Turkish soldiers were no match for the heavy cavalry and siege equipment of the Franks. Within a summer, Samos had been conquered for Latium.

To cement his newfound alliance with the Nicenes, Henri made a diplomatic marriage in 1219 to Maria Laskarina, daughter of the Nicene emperor. She was a small, fine-boned woman, in contrast to Henri's powerful frame. Yet their union proved fruitful, and over the next decade Maria gave birth to three children - Henri, the heir, in 1223, followed by Princess Marie in 1233 and a second son, Baudouin, in 1226.

But even as his legacy grew, Henri's earnings on the field of battle sowed the seeds of discontent at home. The Greek population of Constantinople always viewed the Latin conquerors as little more than crusader dogs defiling their city. In 1227, a confluence of events - a rebellion by the Greeks, a devastating plague, and scheming by the nobility - brought about Henri's downfall.

The strong emperor, having survived so many battles, was struck down by the terrible sickness. On his deathbed, Henri's heir Henri II was crowned at the tender age of 4, with the Laskarina empress as regent. But the boy-emperor was not to reign long.

In 1231, the young Henri II passed away under mysterious circumstances, with rumors of poison spreading like wildfire through the palace corridors. His brother Baudouin, just 5 years of age, was swept to the throne to become Baudouin II. Their mother Maria continued in her regency, but true power increasingly rested with the Frankish nobility.

Baudouin's regents were determined that, unlike his bookish brother Henri, this new emperor would be raised to reflect the martial values of Frankish chivalry. They installed militants like the Latin Bishop of Constantinople among his tutors, ensuring his religious education adhered to the Catholic rites.

Yet the young Baudouin also could not escape his Greek roots entirely. Through his mother's influence, he was instructed in the Byzantine customs, language and culture. He grew to be fluent in Greek, even as he was steeped in the traditions of Frankish knighthood and Latin Christendom.

In keeping with Byzantine dynastic customs, the teenage Baudouin was betrothed to the daughter of the Despot of Epirus. But already, his mind brimmed with grander ambitions of imperial glory and conquest.

Upon reaching maturity and taking the reins of power in 1244, Baudouin's first order of business was to expand Latinion domains deeper into Anatolia. His forces struck like a thunderbolt, smashing into the territories held by the Turks who had so recently conquered Opsikion.

Opsikion itself fell in a matter of weeks, its walls breached by the dreaded Latinion siege engines. Baudouin displayed his battlefield acumen, encircling and cutting off any Turkish reinforcements. By summer's end, the entire region was under the crown of Constantinople once more.

The success emboldened Baudouin's imperialist ambitions. Upon the death of his grandfather Theodoros Laskaris of Nicaea, he turned a covetous eye westward. He staked a claim upon the Nicene throne through his mother's line, and marched to make that claim a reality by force of arms.

The war was bitter, but in 1249 the last Nicene strongholds fell. Baudouin was now master of both the Latin Empire and what remained of the Nicene kingdoms. A feat not seen since the glorious days of the united Byzantine Empire.

But Baudouin's thirst for conquest still raged unslaked. After several years of consolidating his hard-won gains, he put forth plans for a new, bold campaign. In 1257, Latinion legions were once more on the march, deep into the heart of Anatolia under Baudouin's fearsome Dragon Banners.

The offensive was a spectacular success. In 1258, after months of siege and bloody combat, the region of Cibyrrhaeot finally fell to Baudouin's knights. In a fit of ruthlessness that would become a part of his legend, Baudouin had 19 captured Turkish lords and commanders publicly executed upon the walls of Constantinople.

Baudouin was praised by the Latin Church as a "Lion of Christ" for his conquering zeal. He was likely making preparations for an even greater onslaught into the interior of Anatolia to continue rolling back the tide of Turkish invasion. But fate would deny him the chance to complete his imperial ambitions.

In 1260, a new outbreak of plague descended upon the population of Constantinople. As cries of agony echoed through the palaces and alleyways, the strong Baudouin retreated into seclusion. But he could not outrun the Grim Reaper's terrible breath. In November of that year, at just 34 years of age, Baudouin the Conqueror breathed his last.

He was given the epitaph "Baudouin the Great" for the incredible swaths of land and glory he had reclaimed for the Latinion Empire from Turk and Greek alike. Upon his death, he left behind his wife and six children - Henri, Michael, Baudouin, Marie, Alexios and baby Eirene.

The eldest, Henri, was swiftly invested as Henri III, Emperor of the Latins at the age of 12. All of Romania looked forward to the promise of his reign, Baudouin's conquering fire rekindled. Henri's betrothal was also arranged to the Queen of Bulgaria, sowing seeds of a possible greater union.

But for the present, the latin Empire would cool its martial ambitions during the boy-emperor's regency. Until Henri reached his majority, the hard-won domains of Baudouin the Conqueror would be safeguarded by his still-living mother, the Dowager Empress Maria Laskarina. The future of Latin remained bright, though none could imagine how far its dragon-banners would yet be borne...

Last edited: