As Dreamers Do Part Deux

The Calm Before the Storm
  • 2107643793_d7a5639f10_b.jpg

August 8, 2005
    On the set of X-Men: Dark Phoenix in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Shane Black (Director):
    "Welcome everyone to the first day of principal photography on X-Men 3."

*cast and crew applaud*

A few moments later....

Hugh Jackman (Logan/Wolverine):
    "Hey Gus, are you okay? It's the first day of shooting."

Gus St. Pierre (Remy LeBeau/Gambit):
    *Sighs with his head down* "Yeah I'm fine. Except I have a strange feeling...."​

Entertainment News for Early to Mid August 2005
  • Entertainment News for Early to Mid August 2005

Hope on the horizon for VHS?

As DVD has become the dominant home video format, one Portland, Oregon-based startup is looking to keep VHS alive as Hollywood begins to phase out major releases on the older format.
    - Billboard

Michael Uslan, the new chairman of Columbia-TriStar, confirms that George Lucas will indeed serve as a consultant on a relaunch of the Theo and Gretchen franchise slated for 2008. Lucas, himself a former Columbia executive, created the property as a Saturday morning cartoon which launched on CBS in 1988, only to find its cult audience a year later as part of USA Network's Cartoon Express lineup.
    - Variety

Disney confirms that Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego will be released on 2-disc DVD and VHS in December.
    - The Hollywood Reporter

Darren Aronofsky says Batman: Year Two will be slated for a Summer 2008 release.
    - Wizard

Nicolas Cage expresses interest in a Carmen Sandiego/National Treasure crossover proposed by Disney and Legendary for a 2009 or '10 release.
    - Access Hollywood

In Playa Vista, Peacock held a groundbreaking ceremony for a new studio campus that will be home to both RKO Radio Pictures and DreamWorks SKG. Currently, RKO resides on the corner of Melrose and Gower, right next door to Paramount. DreamWorks currently rents office space on the Universal lot. Peacock chairman Michael Eisner said later that Universal will likely stay at their current backlot in Universal City.
    - Local newscast on KNBC-TV Los Angeles

Below: Proposed Peacock Film Studios, a possible new home for RKO and DreamWorks.
    OTL Proposal:
    [Link]
    Dreamworks.jpg

The Sports Page
    Portland Beavers? Las Vegas Beavers? Nashville Beavers?

The Beavers announce their ballpark proposal has received enough signatures for a special ballot this November.
    - The Oregonian

As we await the start of NHL training camp next month, the ticket window in Pittsburgh is open for fans wanting to get their first glimpse of first round pick Sidney Crosby.
    - The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

On the Phone with Aunt Ivy (August 2005)
  • FairmontHotelVancouver.jpg

Fairmont Hotel
    Vancouver, British Columbia

On August 24, 2005, Gus St. Pierre had been in Vancouver for roughly two weeks of principal photography on X-Men: Dark Phoenix. That day, his cell phone rang...

cellphone-motorazr-(2004).jpg

Gus St. Pierre: "Bonjour?"

Ivy Boudreaux (Gus's aunt): "Hi honey. Where y'all at?"

Gus: "At my hotel room on my day off. Something's up?"

Ivy: "Put the TV on."

*Gus turns on the TV in his hotel room and tunes in to CTV News*

hqdefault.jpg

Sandie Rinaldo (CTV News Anchor):
    "At the White House, President Harvey Weinstein is about to address the American people about the crisis unfolding in Gulf Coast of the US..."

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F160618195550-oval-office-empty.jpg

*CTV News goes live to MSNBC's feed of Harvey Weinstein sitting at his desk in the Oval Office*

Harvey-Weinstein.jpg

Harvey Weinstein (43rd President of the United States):
    "My fellow Americans, New Orleans has long been a popular tourist destination, home to Mardi Gras, jazz, gumbo and some of the nation's biggest sporting events. Now, our fellow citizens in the Big Easy and other communities along the Gulf Coast find themselves in the crosshairs of what could be one of the deadliest hurricanes in our nation's history. Yesterday, I spoke in a conference call with [NFL commissioner] Paul Tagliabue, [NBA commissioner] Jerry West and [IHL deputy commissioner] Scotty Bowman and advised them to immediately begin making accommodations for the New Orleans teams in their respective leagues. Today, I am invoking the Defense Production Act for our agriculture sector to work in tandem with the Pentagon to provide MRE's. I am also invoking the DPA for our pharmaceutical sector to start supplying medicine to those in need. Thirdly, under the DPA, I urge Disney, Bally, Universal and other theme park owners to open all hotel rooms on their properties to evacuees free of charge. More importantly, I have spoken with Governor Blanco of Louisiana and Governor Harbour of Mississippi and advised them to order mandatory evacuations of coastal areas right now. I have also advised mayor Ray Nagin of New Orleans to evacuate his city starting at this moment. In addition, Mayor Nagin confirmed to me that he will open the Louisiana Supderdome to residents seeking shelter of last resort."

Louisiana-Superdome-New-Orleans-Louisiana-USA-04c317fbe632297fccccf82946703959.jpg
    02-2005-residents-line-up-outside-superdome-gettyimages-53475656jpg.jpg

Gus (to himself): Shit!

*Gus begins to cry*

Entertainment News for Mid to Late August 2005
  • Entertainment News for Mid to Late August 2005

President Weinstein's message to Louisiana and Mississippi residents: "Get out now!"
    - The Washington Post

Governor Blanco, Mayor Nagin accuse Weinstein of overstepping his authority. Weinstein defended his decision to order mandatory evacuees claiming Blanco and Nagin were "dithering around."
    - The Baton Rouge Advocate

AMC Theatres, Mann Theatres and Regal Cinemas temporarily close their locations in the Gulf Coast states ahead of Hurricane Katrina.
    - The Hollywood Reporter

Citing Weinstein's invocation of the Defense Production Act, all hotels at Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando will be open to Katrina evacuees seeking shelter.
    - The Orlando Sentinel

Disney announces that Katrina evacuees will have first priority on all hotel rooms on the Disneyland Resort. Disney also said that at least six empty soundstages on the 20th Century-Fox backlot will serve as shelter for Katrina evacuees and staging areas for the National Guard to supply MRE's, medicine and other essentials if necessary.
    - The Orange County Register

Peacock announces that the Sheraton hotel adjacent to Universal Studios will give first priority to Katrina evacuees seeking shelter in California.
    - KNBC-TV Los Angeles local news.

Six Kings Hollywood Park will open the Secretariat Hotel to Katrina evacuees free of charge.
    - KCBS-TV Los Angeles local news.

Empty soundstages at Jim Henson Studios in Culver City will house Katrina evacuees if necessary.
    - KABC-TV Local news.

Citing the Defense Production Act proclamation by President Weinstein, Bally says Katrina evacuees will have priority for hotel rooms adjacent to the Worlds of Wonder theme park. Turner will follow suit with free hotel rooms at the MGM Grand for evacuees. Caesars Palace and other hotels along the strip have yet to announce a decision.
    - The Las Vegas Review-Journal

The Sports Page
    The Saints/Browns preseason game originally slated to play tonight at the Superdome will instead be played in our backyard at the Horseshoe. Goodyear Stadium, the Browns' venue since the late Nineties, shares parking space with Jacobs Field (home to the MLB Guardians) and Gund Arena (home to the NBA Cavaliers and NHL Moondogs). Therefore, because of conflicts with the Guardians' weekend homestand against the Portland Beavers, and AEW presenting Monday Night Raw at the Gund Arena the next Monday, the Saints and Browns will borrow Ohio Stadium tonight.
    - The Columbus Dispatch; August 26, 2005

A tearful Jerry West announces that the New Orleans Jazz will open training camp and possibly the first month or so of the regular season in Oklahoma City, where they will temporarily share the Ford Center with the NHL Twisters.
    - ESPN

AEW, WCW and the NWA quickly cancel tour dates originally slated for Louisiana arenas.
    - Pro Wrestling Illustrated

The IHL announces that the New Orleans Revelers will play at least the first two months of the regular season at American Airlines Center in Dallas.
    - The Hockey News

General manager Mickey Loomis says the Saints will likely have to start the season on the road or at a neutral site.
    - ESPN

Reflections on Katrina evacuations
  • Reflections on Katrina evacuations

Daphne St. Pierre (Older half-sister of Gus St. Pierre and a teacher at an elementary school in the Lower Ninth Ward)

"When Weinstein came on the TV and told everybody to get out, my first instinct would've been to get in my car and go straight to California to stay with Aunt Ivy. But I didn't leave right away because I've had students whose families who don't have any means of transportation, nor do they have money for buses, trains or hotels. Gus was in Canada shooting a movie and it would've taken him too long to cross the border back to America to come pick me up, so I told him not to worry about me. I commandeered a neighbor's motorhome to pick up my students from the previous school year and their families. Then we hit the road."

Kermit Ruffins (Jazz musician)
    "One night, I went to the French Quarter to bar hop when all of a sudden the music stopped and everybody was glued to the TV. Harvey Weinstein got on the news hollering at us to get out of town before the hurricane hit. Next morning, I grabbed my trumpet, boarded up my windows, got in my car and left."

Deuce McAllister (Running back; New Orleans Saints)
    "We went straight from Columbus to Las Vegas for our last game of the preseason against the Raiders. Before we went to Columbus, I had packed a week's worth of clothes like it was a little vacation. That was the thought process."

Steve Gleason (Defensive back; New Orleans Saints)
    "At the time, I was focused on football and didn't realize this hurricane would change not only the history of New Orleans, but also my life."

Hurricane Katrina (August 29, 2005)
  • Hurricane Katrina
    210827-hurricane-katrina-rescue-cs-120p.jpg

smqm24gcevytxfnmvo9u.jpg

After Gus St. Pierre's testimony to the Senate in March of 2004, the White House sent the Army Corps of Engineers to see if they could perform badly-needed maintenance on levees that hadn't been touched since they were first built. It was discovered that many levees were slowly sinking under the surface. The USACE piled sandbags like Legos on top of some of the existing levees, including those along the Industrial Canal. Those quick fixes would slow down the flooding, but only delayed Katrina's wrath.

Ahead of the Hurricane, all oil companies evacuated their refineries along the coastline.

On August 29, 2005, the eye of Hurricane Katrina made landfall in the small town of Buras, Louisiana. Soon, water from Lake Pontchartrain overflowed and flooded the streets of New Orleans. Entire neighborhoods, including the Ninth Ward, were soon submerged in as many as 20 feet of water.

The Superdome, which was being used as a shelter of last resort, would lose electricity, running water and plumbing. The outer membrane of the Superdome's roof began to tear off the building, allowing rainwater to leak into the seating bowl and onto the field.

On August 30, with communications infrastructure in New Orleans completely decimated, the White House stepped in, dispatching FEMA and all military branches to work together on relief efforts.

Many of the MRE's were provided to the nearly 35,000 sheltered at the Superdome due to the stadium's refrigerators being inoperable. By September 2, FEMA and the National Guard had evacuated the remaining refugees from the Superdome to shelters in California, Arizona, Florida, Texas and Nevada.​

Entertainment News for Late August and Early September 2005
  • Entertainment News for Late August and Early September 2005

20th Century-Fox confirms they have placed Gus St. Pierre on bereavement leave for five days to mourn relatives who lost their lives during Hurricane Katrina. St. Pierre says he intends to return to Vancouver to continue working on X-Men 3, albeit with a heavy heart.
    - CNN

On his first episode since Katrina, David Letterman changed the format of The Tonight Show to be "...on the serious side" in light of the tragedy on the Gulf Coast. Other late night talk show hosts followed suit that same night.
    - NBC

At the last minute, Disney scrapped its planned anthology series broadcast of The Sound of Music, which was meant to air on Fox to celebrate the film's 40th anniversary. Instead, the timeslot was filled by a telethon to help Katrina victims.
    - Entertainment Tonight

AEW hopes to host the first public gathering in the state of Louisiana since Katrina.
    - Pro Wrestling Illustrated

The Sports Page
    The NFL has announced that the Saints' scheduled home opener against the Marauders will instead be played at Legendary Field [1]. To make this possible, the NFL and MLB worked together to move the Orioles' homestand against the Devil Rays to St. Petersburg. This is due to Legendary Field and Oriole Park at Camden Yards both sharing the same parking space.
    - The Baltimore Sun

NBA Commissioner Jerry West: "Our long term goal is for the Jazz to return to New Orleans when it is safe for them to do so. In the meantime, we appreciate Oklahoma City stepping forward to host the team for what we hope will be only a temporary basis."
    - ESPN

[1] Known IOTL as M&T Bank Stadium.

Airport 2005 (2005 Film)
  • 7fedc4685c8c563197d551aefaa939bb65ecb7e33a6c9e318e557a21a43d7fa1._SX1080_.jpg

Airport 2005

Released by Universal Pictures through Peacock Releasing on September 9, 2005.
    A soft reboot of the Airport franchise.

Cast and Crew
    Same as the OTL 2005 film Flightplan.

Logo Info: Airport 2005 is the first to feature the NBC logo which is meant to represent Peacock Releasing. First, we see a 2D digital revamp of the Laramie Peacock bumper (below; left), which morphs into the current peacock which NBC has used since 1986 without any accompanying text (below; right). The music for Peacock Releasing's new logo was composed by John Williams, who incorporated not only Jack Easton's original Laramie Peacock jingle into the melody, but also the iconic three note chimes. On Airport 2005, the Peacock is followed soon after by the Universal logo with its normal Jerry Goldsmith fanfare.

This is similar to Sony having its own logo precede the Columbia or TriStar logos since 2014 IOTL.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Jimmy Kimmel Katrina Monologue (2005)
  • Excerpt from Jimmy Kimmel Live
    Aired on ABC on August 30, 2005

6010f7892500002a191d5f89.png

Jimmy Kimmel
    "Hi. I'm Jimmy Kimmel. Tonight's guest was to have been Billy Ray Cyrus, whose daughter will be starring on a new live action sitcom for Nickelodeon. Instead, we don't have a studio audience and there will be no jokes tonight, because from my point of view, a comedy show would've been in poor taste in light of the tragedy that has struck New Orleans and other parts of the Gulf Coast."

"In the coming days, you'll probably hear some of my counterparts on other networks lend their support to Gus St. Pierre, who lost two of his distant cousins in the hurricane. But you have plenty of reason to question the sincerity of my rivals' condolences, because eleven years ago, Jay Leno on The Late Show cracked a slew of tasteless jokes about Gus's siblings and basically dismissed all the pedophilia and incest that happened in the Kricfalusi household as '...a bunch of rednecks having a cookout.' Those were Jay's words."

"Then there's Letterman, who in 1998, asked Gus to his face which of his younger sisters he planned to marry while Gus appeared on The Tonight Show ahead of the release of Pleasantville."

"And I'm sure Conan on Late Night probably has some second thoughts about the time in he had Triumph the Insult Comic Dog ask Gus in '97 if he and Devon Sawa were gay lovers."

"And you, Lorne Michaels, have a lot to answer for about that SNL sketch in '95 where you staged John Kricfalusi killing Colette in that parody of Hitchcock's Psycho."

"I've also got a message for Jim Rome. You can't use this hurricane as an excuse to root for the Saints to simply leave the city they've called home since 1967. It's not that easy. Taking the Saints out of New Orleans will send a message that the current situation is hopeless. While this hurricane has proved devastating, you blatantly underestimate the optimism and hope that the rest of us have for the community to recover."​

An Emotional Plea at Black Rock
  • gettyimages-1012221594-h_2019.jpg

CBS Headquarters
    New York City

September 14, 2005
    At the office of John S. Hendricks.

7e867b24-3b52-407d-be16-2c019d883390.jpg

Jay Leno (Host of The Late Show)
    "You can't fire me over jokes I told ten years ago!"

0706_john_hendricks.jpg

John S. Hendricks (Chairman of CBS Discovery)
    "Actually, yes we can. Tisch and Moonves let you off the hook too long. I'm the new sheriff in town."​

2005-06 Saturday Morning Schedule
  • Here is the 2005-06 Saturday Morning Schedule

ABC (Nick on ABC)

Preview show hosted by Miley Cyrus, Emily Osment and Mitch Musso
    8:00 The Backyardigans (Hanna-Barbera)
    8:30 The Suite Life with Zack and Cody (Touchstone Television) [Live action]
    9:00 Drake and Josh (Touchstone Television) [Live action]
    9:30 Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (Hanna-Barbera)
    10:00 Ben 10 (Hanna-Barbera)
    10:30 The Life and Times of Juniper Lee (Hanna-Barbera)
    11:00 Hannah Montana (Touchstone Television) [Live action]

11:30 Ed, Edd n Eddy (AKA Cartoon)
    12:00 My Gym Partner's A Monkey (Hanna-Barbera)
    12:30 King Arthur's Disasters (Cosgrove-Hall and HBEurope)

CBS (All programming distributed by Columbia-TriStar Television)

8:00 Teen Titans (Screen Gems)
    8:30 Tutenstein (Porchlight; Discovery)
    9:00 GI Joe: Sigma 6 (Nelvana)
    9:30 Wayside (Nelvana)
    10:00 Flight 29 Down (Columbia-TriStar Television) [Live action]

10:30 Justice League Unlimited (Screen Gems)
    11:00 Krypto the Supderdog (Screen Gems)
    11:30 Time Warp Trio (Nelvana)
    12:00 Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi (Nelvana)
    12:30 Yu-Gi-Oh! (Nelvana)

NBC (Nothin' But Cool)
    8:00 Lazytown (RKO) [Live action]
    8:30 Peppa Pig (RKO)
    9:00 The X's (MWS/RKO)
    9:30 Atomic Betty (RKO)
    10:00 6teen (RKO)
    10:30 One Piece (Lionsgate)
    11:00 Cyberchase (RKO)
    11:30 Godzilla: The Series (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]
    12:00 Kong: The Series (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]

SBC
    8:00 What's with Andy? (CineGroupe; New Line Cinema)
    8:30 Power Rangers: Mystic Force (New Line Cinema) [Live action]
    9:00 WITCH (New Line Cinema)
    9:30 Winx Club (DiC; New Line Cinema)
    10:00 Jackie Chan Adventures (DiC; Golden Harvest/New Line Cinema)
    10:30 Sailor Moon (New Line Cinema) [Reruns]
    11:00 Squirrel Boy (New Line Cinema)
    11:30 Trollz (New Line Cinema)

12:00 Liberty's Kids (New Line Cinema)
    12:30 Samurai Pizza Cats (New Line Cinema) [Reruns]

Fox
    (Most Fox programming produced by Grantray-Lawrence or Walt Disney Television Animation)
    8:00 Lilo and Stitch: The Series
    8:30 Kim Possible
    9:00 The Buzz on Maggie
    9:30 American Dragon: Jake Long

10:00 Naruto (English Dub produced by 20th Television)
    10:30 The Emperor's New School
    11:00 The Backstreet Project [Reruns; brought back to commemorate the release of the Now or Never and Never Gone albums]
    11:30 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2002 Series)
    12:00 Casper and Molly McGee
    12:30 The Proud Family

UPN
    8:00 Arthur (Paramount)
    8:30 Maya and Miguel (Paramount)
    9:00 Cardcaptors (English dub produced by Universal) [Reruns]
    9:30 Bratz (Paramount)
    10:00 Sonic X (Paramount)
    10:30 Alex Kidd: The Series (Paramount)
    11:00 Creepschool (Universal)
    11:30 The Mummy (Universal)
    12:00 The Scorpion King (Universal)
    12:30 The Zeta Project (Paramount)

MyNetworkTV (KidsWB!)
    8:00 Baby Looney Tunes (Warner Bros.)
    8:30 Tiny Toon Adventures (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
    9:00 Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island (Warner Bros.)
    9:30 Berenstain Bears (Warner Bros.)

10:00 Duck Dodgers (Warner Bros.)
    10:30 Johnny Test (Warner Bros.)
    11:00 Loonatics Unleashed (Warner Bros.)

11:30 Static Shock (Carolco) [Reruns]
    12:00 Shezow (Hollywood Pictures Television) [Reruns]

New shows in BOLD

Let me know which shows you would watch this year.

Also, because of Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans affiliates of each network are currently borrowing offices from fellow stations in Baton Rouge, LA, Mobile, AL and Jackson, MS. Meanwhile in New Orleans, FEMA and the National Guard have outfitted the city with backup generators until the proper utility companies can fully restore power to the area.

Entertainment News for Mid-September 2005
  • Entertainment News for Mid-September 2005

In the Oval Office, President Weinstein publicly chews out FEMA director Brown over slow Katrina recovery efforts.
    - CNN

Lisa Guerrero: "After a five day bereavement period, Gus St. Pierre returns to Vancouver to rejoin the cast and crew of X-Men: Dark Phoenix, slated for a Summer 2006 release. When I asked Gus about his decision to return, he recalled the words of his late uncle Andre Boudreaux, who died five years ago after falling into a diabetic coma."

Gus St. Pierre (Remy LeBeau/Gambit): "When I was a little boy, Uncle Andre used to say to me that there would be times in life when I would get knocked down and that I would need to learn how to get back up and keep fighting."
    - Inside Edition

When old video footage resurfaced of Jay Leno cracking pedophilia, incest and redneck stereotype jokes at the expense of the Boudreaux and St. Pierre families on 1995 episodes of The Late Show, CBS unceremoniously fired Leno. One day later, the Crimson Chin, as he is sometimes known, is fighting back in a New York courtroom, filing a wrongful termination suit with CBS Discovery chairman John Hendricks as the lead defendant.
    - Access Hollywood

Craig Ferguson will serve as interim host of The Late Show while Jay Leno's court battle with CBS is still pending.
    - CNN

Disney honors Rachel Stone-Abbott's request for the proceeds from DVD and VHS sales of Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego to be donated to the Legendary Foundation's Relief Fund to help Katrina victims. The home media release is scheduled for October 18.
    - The Hollywood Reporter

The Sports Page

In Week 1 of the NFL season, the Saints played the Marauders at Baltimore's Legendary Field at Camden Yards with New Orleans acting as the home team. Now, the Saints will likely play the rest of their planned home games at the Dome at America's Center. The question of when or if they'll return to New Orleans is anyone's guess.
    - The St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Demand for New Orleans Jazz tickets in Oklahoma City overwhelms the Ford Center ticket windows.
    - The Oklahoman

Late Summer 2005 Movies
  • Late Summer 2005 Movies

MV5BNTA0ODAzODI0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk4NDczMw@@._V1_.jpg

Transporter 2
    Released by 20th Century-Fox

7685211f-453c-4e78-8ef0-2fe0deebe454-i_b0_wedding_badsummer_29.JPG

Wedding Crashers
    Released by New Line Cinema

MV5BMTM0NDI3NzY3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDcyMzUzMw@@._V1_.jpg

The Devil's Rejects
    Released by Lionsgate

MV5BMjE0MTUzNjYzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzI4NDA2MjI@._V1_.jpg

The Brothers Grimm
    Released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer through Turner Pictures Worldwide
    ITTL, because Heath Ledger was working on Revenge of the Sith, the role of Jake Grimm is instead played by Rider Strong while Matt Damon still plays Will Grimm.

MV5BMjA2MzIxNzk1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjk2Mjg3._V1_.jpg

The Constant Gardener
    Released by Gramercy through Peacock Releasing​

Hyperion Double Feature (September 2005)
  • roll-bounce-1024x612.jpg

Roll Bounce
    Released by Hyperion Pictures on September 23, 2005

Cedric-the-Entertainer-to-Return-to-Johnsons-Family-Vacation-Sequel.jpg

Johnson Family Vacation
    Released by Hyperion Pictures on September 23, 2005​

Entertainment News for Late September and Early October 2005
  • Entertainment News for Late September and Early October 2005

Michael Brown resigns from FEMA in disgrace.
    - The Washington Post

Power has been restored to the New Orleans area while the USACE begins to pump the floodwaters out of the city.
    - CNN

Del (short for Adelaide) St. Pierre: "I invite Jay Leno to read my autobiography. Maybe he'll understand what it's like for me and my sisters to be at the mercy of John Kricfalusi back in '93. John was an equal opportunity molester. But then again, Jay probably never had to duct tape his pajamas to his body like I did."
    - MTV News

The highlight of the first Saturday Night Live after Katrina was Jay Leno (Darrell Hammond) embarking on an apology tour to make up for his insensitivity towards the St. Pierre family back in the 90's. The biggest laugh comes when Leno suffers the voodoo curse upon his arrival in a dystopian New Orleans.
    - Entertainment Weekly

British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin and Mexican President Vicente Fox each deploy troops to assist President Weinstein's recovery efforts in New Orleans.
    - BBC News

Renee St. Pierre, who today lives in Denver where she works for Namco as a game tester, had a message for Jay Leno. "Leno don't know what it's like to be eleven and have your stepdaddy command you to sit on his lap with your skirt bunched up," she told The Denver Post.
    - KWGN (Denver SBC affiliate)

The Sports Page
    Doug Thornton (Executive vice president of the Louisiana Superdome): "Once we get our share of the relief money from FEMA, we will rebuild."
    - ESPN

On the set of X-Men 3 in Vancouver, we asked Saints superfan Gus St. Pierre about the possibility of his hometown team moving to St. Louis full time. "Stan Cranky is trying to kick us while we're down and we don't appreciate that," he answered.
    - The Baton Rouge Advocate

Family Guy Presents the Stewie Griffin Story (2005 Film)
  • family-guy-presents-stewie-griffin-the-untold-story-20050912024054934-000.jpg

Family Guy Presents The Stewie Griffin Story
    Released theatrically by 20th Century-Fox on October 7, 2005.

Production Companies
    Dark Castle Entertainment
    Fuzzy Door Productions
    Grantray-Lawrence

Executive Producers
    Seth MacFarlane
    Daniel Abbott
    David Zuckerman

TTL Cameo Voices
    Emilio Estevez as Gordon Bombay
    Melissa Joan Hart as Clarissa Darling [1]
    Gus St. Pierre as Dave Karp [2] and Ferguson Darling [1]
    Devon Sawa as Charlie Conway [3] and Casper the Friendly Ghost

All other voices in the film are the same as OTL

Notes

[1] In a callback to Road to the Big Easy, a cutaway gag has Brian reminiscing about being a writer on Clarissa Explains it All on the day Bridgette St. Pierre humiliated her son by biting Mitch Kriegman's ear on the set. It was on that same day that Gus put a paper bag over his head. That was a habit Gus said he developed from seeing other fans doing the same at the first Saints game he attended with Uncle Andre, Aunt Ivy and Colette around 1983.

[2] Gus recorded his lines five months before Katrina. MacFarlane dedicated this film in memory of the lives lost in the hurricane.

[3] Another cutaway gag touches upon an incident during the making of the first Mighty Ducks movie, in which a half-dressed Gus was yanked out of his trailer by Bridgette, who was under the influence of meth. This happened in front of a nun and a mostly female Catholic school class who were brought in as extras for crowd shots.​

Bobby Z Explains Gus's Return to the X-Men 3 Set (October 2005)
  • v1.cjsxMDMzO2o7MTkyMTU7MTIwMDs1NDY7NjUy

Robert Zemeckis (Chairman; 20th Century-Fox)
    "Gus has said publicly that the advice he used to get from his uncle was what prompted his return. When I spoke with Gus personally, he said that many people are looking to him and other famous New Orleanians to help keep the spirit of their hometown alive. Therefore he felt that quitting the film altogether would've took the energy out of those who are trying to rebuild their community right now."​

Just Like Heaven (2005 Film)
  • MV5BMTMwOTk3NDM2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzU0NjE3._V1_.jpg

Just Like Heaven
    Released by DreamWorks SKG through Peacock Releasing on October 7, 2005

Cast and Crew
    Same as OTL

Notes
    - ITTL, Just Like Heaven and Fox's Walk the Line coming in November are Reese Witherspoon's first films since the birth of her son Archie St. Pierre, who is now 2 years old.

Logo Trivia
    In addition to the Laramie Peacock remake introduced at the beginning of Airport 2005, Peacock Releasing is also experimenting with a much shorter logo. At the beginning of Just Like Heaven, we first see a black background on which the feathers of the NBC logo fade in one-by-one, left to right. Then a white outline fades in left to right. After the NBC logo is formed, it zooms in towards the viewer and cross dissolves to the DreamWorks logo, which still starts with the reflection of the crescent moon on the surface of a lake. There is no other music in this variant of the Peacock Releasing logo besides a recording of the old NBC Rangertone chimes (LINK).
    maxresdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg

Entertainment News for Mid October 2005
  • Entertainment News for Mid October 2005

As floodwaters finally recede in New Orleans' Gentilly neighborhood, President Weinstein has appointed David Paulison to head FEMA as its acting director. The FEMA director's office had been empty since Michael Brown resigned in disgrace earlier this month. Weinstein has not been shy about his disappointment with Brown's snail-like pace in sending aid to Katrina victims.
    - The Washington Post

Daphne St. Pierre, a New Orleans elementary school teacher, appeared before the Louisiana State Assembly to ask for assistance for reschooling students who evacuated with her ahead of Katrina. "Half of the students who were in my class last year had families who didn't have their own transportation," said Daphne, "The news anchors misquoted me when they said I had a motorhome. I actually had a school bus given to me by a neighbor who was a retired driver. I was able to fit at least nine of my students and their families. The other kids who were in my last class had either went to stay with relatives in other towns or sheltered with their families at the Superdome." Daphne, now in her mid thirties, is the eldest surviving half-sister of actor of Gus St. Pierre. Her older sister, Colette, was murdered in 1994 at the age of only 24.
    - WAFB Local News (CBS affiliate in Baton Rouge)

Disney announces they will sub-license a limited number of titles to a Portland startup looking to keep the VHS format alive.
    - The Oregonian

Jay Leno was booed and pelted with voodoo dolls during an appearance at The Comedy Store.
    - KCOP Local News (Fox O&O in Los Angeles)

CBS says they are not ready to name Craig Ferguson as full time host of The Late Show, citing the lawsuit filed by Jay Leno going to trial in December.
    - The New York Times

Robert Crumb, 62, found guilty in the rapes of fellow comic creators Trina Robbins, Diane Noomin, Lee Marrs and Shary Flenniken.
    - KGO Local News (ABC O&O in the San Francisco Bay Area)

An FBI raid at the San Francisco home of Michael Alan Weiner, known professionally as talk radio host Michael Savage, uncovers a mother lode of child pornography.
    - The San Francisco Chronicle

A potential conflict of interest threatens to derail Nickelodeon's Hannah Montana as a BVN investigation has uncovered Billy Ray Cyrus's ties with the Federation of Americans for Responsible Television (FART) for whom he sits on the board of directors. This is the same conservative watchdog group who forced the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to stealth from SBC to Fox in 1989 and tried to get Beavis and Butt-Head canceled in 1993.
    - Shepard Smith Reporting on Buena Vista News (BVN).

The Sports Page
    Rumors:
    Saints owner Tom Benson has not returned any phone calls from St. Louis businessman Stan Kroenke. For the past two weeks, Kroenke had been trying to convince the displaced NFL franchise to settle in St. Louis full time as Hurricane Katrina has caused extensive damage to the New Orleans area.
    - ESPN

The New Orleans/Oklahoma City Jazz open training camp at their temporary practice facility on the University of Oklahoma campus.
    - The Oklahoman

On the first Hockey Night in Canada of the 2005-06 season, Don Cherry insinuates that the displaced New Orleans Revelers of the IHL should move to Saskatoon.
    - TSN

This Just In (October 20, 2005)
  • This Just In
    October 20, 2005

Starting in January of 2006, Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego will return to the Fox Saturday Morning lineup for the network to satisfy its E/I quota with the FCC.
    - Variety