As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Game 6 of the 2010 NBA Finals
Sempra Energy Center
San Diego, CA

Marv Albert (UPN): "Cavs must control the ball to protect their one point lead...90 to 89 with only 3 seconds to play...Ilgauskas will inbound...stolen by Iverson...KOBE FROM DOWNTOWN FOR THE WIN...."

***buzzer***

Albert: "YES!!!!!!!!!! KOBE BRYANT WITH THE MIRACLE THREE!!!! AND AFTER THREE DECADES OF DISAPPOINTMENT, THE SAN DIEGO CLIPPERS ARE THE NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS FOR TWO THOUSAND TEN!!!! THEY HAVE PULLED OFF ONE OF THE GREATEST UPSETS IN NBA HISTORY!!!"

Game 6 of the 2010 NBA Finals
Sempra Energy Center
San Diego, CA

Marv Albert (UPN): "Cavs must control the ball to protect their one point lead...90 to 89 with only 3 seconds to play...Ilgauskas will inbound...stolen by Iverson...KOBE FROM DOWNTOWN FOR THE WIN...."

***buzzer***

Albert: "YES!!!!!!!!!! KOBE BRYANT WITH THE MIRACLE THREE!!!! AND AFTER THREE DECADES OF DISAPPOINTMENT, THE SAN DIEGO CLIPPERS ARE THE NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS FOR TWO THOUSAND TEN!!!! THEY HAVE PULLED OFF ONE OF THE GREATEST UPSETS IN NBA HISTORY!!!"
Ladies and gents, pigs are flying, hell is freezing over and dogs are loving cats.

Dear Tiffany,
In Rachel Stone-Abbott's 2002 film Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, the headquarters of AJAX CrimeNet is supposed to be San Francisco. However, Rachel said she actually filmed those scenes in Vancouver. Any idea why that's the case?
Izumi Armstrong
San Francisco, CA

18hIQh8.png

Tiffany Disney
Hello. I'll ask Rachel and I'll get back to you with her response.
Right now, I'm still trying to catch my breath after my tenants brought the Larry O'Brien trophy to San Diego for the very first time.

A Week Later....

7b2707181a0489c64b1a2671b615c881.jpg

Rachel Stone-Abbott
"Firstly, I did not shoot the entire film in Vancouver. I mostly did interiors while I was up there. Although, for scenes set in Hong Kong, I used Vancouver's Chinatown to stand in. And for scenes set in Japan, I used the Nitobe Gardens outside of the University of British Columbia campus."

"Towards the end of the shoot, we actually did film in San Francisco to get exterior shots of the city and for Zack (Jeremy Sumpter) to ride the famous streetcars on his way to the AJAX complex."

"The scenes taking place in Amsterdam were actually filmed in Amsterdam proper while I was there to see my Baltimore Ravens play against the Barcelona Dragons in the 2001 World Bowl. My son Devon was able to come with me to Amsterdam to shoot those scenes because he was on summer vacation from school by that time. By the way, on the plane ride there, I told him to stay away from the red light district."

"So if you want to be a filmmaker, my advice is to take advantage of the tax credits you can get in Vancouver while they're still lucrative. Otherwise, you're a fool!"

Notes:
@Otakuninja2006 Izumi Armstrong is another OC who is African American on her dad's side and Japanese American on her mom's side.

As of June 2010 ITTL, Rachel is 49. In my mind, I picture Rachel still having the Bettie Bangs at that age. So the photo above ITTL, would probably be somewhere between 1991 when she did Tiny Toons and Taz Mania at Warners to as late as '96 when she worked at Hanna-Barbera on Hey Arnold! Or, this photo could be from around 98 when her production company Legendary was originally known as Charm City and she co-produced The Backstreet Project with her husband Danny (again, not knighted Sir Daniel until 2006).​

AWESOME! May I see pics of her? I think Izumi and my OC would get along greatly!
Believe it or not they're cousins. Izumi is older than Akari.

In July, Blanche Boudreaux will host a special edition of Cartooning Made Easy at the San Diego Comic Con and Akari will appear to discuss Universal's plan to bring Woody Woodpecker and other Famous Studios characters to a new generation as part of the Bozo revival.

Believe it or not they're cousins. Izumi is older than Akari.
Cool!
In July, Blanche Boudreaux will host a special edition of Cartooning Made Easy at the San Diego Comic Con and Akari will appear to discuss Universal's plan to bring Woody Woodpecker and other Famous Studios characters to a new generation as part of the Bozo revival.
Cool! Could Akari and Izumi also talk about TTL's Victorious as well?

Game 4 of the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals
United Center
Chicago, Illinois
Washington Capitals at Chicago Blackhawks

Hawks leading the series 3-0.

10 seconds left with the Hawks leading the Caps 5-2...

Dick Stockton (NBC Sports):

"As the clock winds down, the fans are already chanting 'We Want the Cup.' Last time the Hawks won it, JFK was in the White House, Wrigley Field still didn't have lights, and future filmmaker Rachel Stone-Abbott was only two months old. 49 years these fans have waited for this moment."

Crowd:
"Five...Four...Three...Two...One..."

***Goal horn and Chelsea Dagger***

Stockton
"THE HAWKS HAVE DONE IT! LORD STANLEY HAS FINALLY RETURNED TO THE WINDY CITY FOR TWENTY-TEN!"

Notes
Hawks win the Stanley Cup in a 4-0 sweep of the Caps.
After this year's Finals, Stockton will stay with Peacock, where he will concentrate on Thursday Night Football for the USA Network and MLB for NBC. In the meantime, Mike "Doc" Emrick comes over from SBC to take over as NBC's lead play-by-play guy for their NHL coverage.​

Game 4 of the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals
United Center
Chicago, Illinois
Washington Capitals at Chicago Blackhawks

Hawks leading the series 3-0.

10 seconds left with the Hawks leading the Caps 5-2...

Dick Stockton (NBC Sports):

"As the clock winds down, the fans are already chanting 'We Want the Cup.' Last time the Hawks won it, JFK was in the White House, Wrigley Field still didn't have lights, and future filmmaker Rachel Stone-Abbott was only two months old. 49 years these fans have waited for this moment."

Crowd:
"Five...Four...Three...Two...One..."

***Goal horn and Chelsea Dagger***

Stockton
"THE HAWKS HAVE DONE IT! LORD STANLEY HAS FINALLY RETURNED TO THE WINDY CITY FOR TWENTY-TEN!"

Notes
Hawks win the Stanley Cup in a 4-0 sweep of the Caps.
After this year's Finals, Stockton will stay with Peacock, where he will concentrate on Thursday Night Football for the USA Network and MLB for NBC. In the meantime, Mike "Doc" Emrick comes over from SBC to take over as NBC's lead play-by-play guy for their NHL coverage.​
Good for the Blackhawks, they deserve it. Chicago deserves it too, first major pro sports title for the Windy City ITTL since the 85 Bears. Hope Ovi can get a cup though.

2010 WLAF Conference Championships

European Championship
London Monarchs at Berlin Ogres
Olympiastadion; Berlin, Germany

Start of the 3rd Quarter with the Ogres trailing the Monarchs 34-10
Nick Halling (Fox Sports):

"So far tonight, Jeff Garcia has silenced this Berlin crowd with an incredible perfomance through the air. Now it's up to Byron Leftwich, the former St. Louis Sorcerer, to bring the Ogres back in the second half."

Bill Maas (Fox Sports)
"Leftwich is no stranger to situations like this, Nick. In college, he once played through a broken leg. Even though the Herd lost to Akron that night, a lot of fans still thought he made a valiant effort."

Halling: "Third and long for Berlin...Leftwich...Looks for Jayson Foster...CAUGHT...TOUCHDOWN BERLIN!!!! OGRES BACK IN IT!!!!"

Later in the Third...

Halling:
"Leftwich...In trouble...Finds Foster again...Fifteen...Ten...Five...TOUCHDOWN!!! THE OGRES NOW TRAIL BY ONLY TEN!!!"

In the fourth after an Ogre field goal...

Halling:
"Jeff Garcia on the London sideline can only cringe as the Monarchs' lead appears to slip away. Ogres need a touchdown to tie the game. If they don't score now, London will advance to the World Bowl. Fourth and goal for Berlin...Leftwich...Looks and fires...TOUCHDOWN!!!! JR TOLVER!!!! AND THE OGRES TIE IT UP!!!"

Overtime...

Halling:
Graham Gano, now with a chance to punch the Ogres ticket to the World Bowl. This'll officially be ruled a sixty three yard field goal. Of course, in the World League, a field goal from fifty yards or beyond is worth four points..."

***kick***

Halling: "IT'S GOOD!!!! IT'S GOOD!!! IT'S GOOD!!! FROM SIXTY THREE YARDS!!!! WOULD YOU BELIEVE THAT?!!!!"

***Smashmouth's version of I'm a Believer plays through the stadium loudspeakers***

Ogres win 38-34 and advance to the World Bowl.

North American Championship
Vancouver Orcas at Mexico City Luchadores
Estadio Azteca; CDMX

Late in the 4th quarter with the Orcas marching down the field to add to their 27-24 lead...

Paul Allen (UPN Sports):

"3rd and Goal for the Orcas inside the five with the season on the line...JP Losman out of the shotgun...fires a slant...PICKED OFF IN THE END ZONE!!!! ISAIAH TRUFANT!!! HE'S OFF TO THE RACES!!!! THE FIFTY!!!! FORTY!!!! THIRTY!!!! TWENTY-FIVE!!!! TWENTY!!!! NEEDS ONE MORE BLOCK!!!! TOUCHDOWN!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!!! [New Orcas owner] RYAN REYNOLDS LOOKS LIKE HE WANTS TO THROW UP!!!! RYAN STEPPING UP TO SAVE HIS HOMETOWN TEAM FROM RELOCATION WAS THE FEEL GOOD STORY FOR THE WORLD LEAGUE ALL YEAR!!! I MEAN, I KNOW IT'S ONLY HIS FIRST YEAR IN CHARGE, BUT YOU HATE TO SEE IT END LIKE THIS!!!!"

At the end of the game...
Allen:
"Matt Gutierrez takes a knee...AND AFTER SEVENTEEN YEARS, THE MEXICO CITY LUCHADORES WILL FINALLY HAVE A SHOT AT THE TITLE!!!! THE FIRST WORLD BOWL APPEARANCE FOR THE LUCHADOR FRANCHISE!!!"

Luchadores go on to win 31 to 27 and advance to the World Bowl.

Last edited:
2010 WLAF Conference Championships

European Championship
London Monarchs at Berlin Ogres
Olympiastadion; Berlin, Germany

Start of the 3rd Quarter with the Ogres trailing the Monarchs 34-10
Nick Halling (Fox Sports):

"So far tonight, Jeff Garcia has silenced this Berlin crowd with an incredible perfomance through the air. Now it's up to Byron Leftwich, the former St. Louis Sorcerer, to bring the Ogres back in the second half."

Bill Maas (Fox Sports)
"Leftwich is no stranger to situations like this, Nick. In college, he once played through a broken leg. Even though the Herd lost to Akron that night, a lot of fans still thought he made a valiant effort."

Halling: "Third and long for Berlin...Leftwich...Looks for Jayson Foster...CAUGHT...TOUCHDOWN BERLIN!!!! OGRES BACK IN IT!!!!"

Later in the Third...

Halling:
"Leftwich...In trouble...Finds Foster again...Fifteen...Ten...Five...TOUCHDOWN!!! THE OGRES NOW TRAIL BY ONLY TEN!!!"

In the fourth after an Ogre field goal...

Halling:
"Jeff Garcia on the London sideline can only cringe as the Monarchs' lead appears to slip away. Ogres need a touchdown to tie the game. If they don't score now, London will advance to the World Bowl. Fourth and goal for Berlin...Leftwich...Looks and fires...TOUCHDOWN!!!! JR TOLVER!!!! AND THE OGRES TIE IT UP!!!"

Overtime...

Halling:
Graham Gano, now with a chance to punch the Ogres ticket to the World Bowl. This'll officially be ruled a sixty three yard field goal. Of course, in the World League, a field goal from fifty yards or beyond is worth four points..."

***kick***

Halling: "IT'S GOOD!!!! IT'S GOOD!!! IT'S GOOD!!! FROM SIXTY THREE YARDS!!!! WOULD YOU BELIEVE THAT?!!!!"

***Smashmouth's All Star plays through the stadium loudspeakers***

Ogres win 38-34 and advance to the World Bowl.
What a comeback! Nice touch by playing All Star after the game ended (though it should’ve been I’m a Believer IMO).
North American Championship
Vancouver Orcas at Mexico City Luchadores
Estadio Azteca; CDMX

Late in the 4th quarter with the Orcas marching down the field to add to their 27-24 lead...

Paul Allen (UPN Sports):

"3rd and Goal for the Orcas inside the five with the season on the line...JP Losman out of the shotgun...fires a slant...PICKED OFF IN THE END ZONE!!!! ISAIAH TRUFANT!!! HE'S OFF TO THE RACES!!!! THE FIFTY!!!! FORTY!!!! THIRTY!!!! TWENTY-FIVE!!!! TWENTY!!!! NEEDS ONE MORE BLOCK!!!! TOUCHDOWN!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!!! [New Orcas owner] RYAN REYNOLDS LOOKS LIKE HE WANTS TO THROW UP!!!! RYAN STEPPING UP TO SAVE HIS HOMETOWN TEAM FROM RELOCATION WAS THE FEEL GOOD STORY FOR THE WORLD LEAGUE ALL YEAR!!! I MEAN, I KNOW IT'S ONLY HIS FIRST YEAR IN CHARGE, BUT YOU HATE TO SEE IT END LIKE THIS!!!!"
LMAO at that. I love how the Vikings announcer is calling this game, makes it sound like pro wrestling. Anyways, I got what I wanted. Can’t wait to see who wins.

Dear Tiffany
how long have you and Rachel Stone Abbot known each other for and are you guys really good friends
yours sincerely
Deakin Causer

What a comeback! Nice touch by playing All Star after the game ended (though it should’ve been I’m a Believer IMO).

LMAO at that. I love how the Vikings announcer is calling this game, makes it sound like pro wrestling. Anyways, I got what I wanted. Can’t wait to see who wins.
Fixed it. All Star actually plays at Ogre home games to pump up the crowd during player introductions.

Like I said, Paul was filling in for Marv Albert since Marv was at The Pond for the Clippers shedding the lovable loser label.

Remember, a lot of people in San Diego still refer to the Sempra Energy Center as The Pond. Also, Steve Ballmer is already the Clippers owner at this point ITTL. The living arrangement at The Pond is such that after Tiffany started helping her dad with the Ducks and she bought the arena from the city government, the Disney family owns the building and Tiffany leases it to Steve Ballmer and the Clippers.

Until 2004, the Ducks under Walt, Jr. and the Clippers under Donald Sterling each paid the City $6 million a year. Starting in 2006, the Clippers under Steve Ballmer pay Tiffany only $2.5 million a year. That's because she lowered the Clippers' rent to help them lure Kobe Bryant away from the Lakers and Allen Iverson away from the Sixers.

Dear Tiffany
how long have you and Rachel Stone Abbot known each other for and are you guys really good friends
yours sincerely
Deakin Causer

Tiffany Disney
"I've known Rachel since I was five years old."

"The Abbotts came to our house one night when Mom [Candice Bergen] hosted a party to celebrate the launch of Murphy Brown. Danny and Rachel came over to introduce their baby son Devon to our family. Dev was maybe seven or eight months old. I don't remember exactly, but Dad recently showed me an old videotape he unearthed of myself and Trey playing on the floor with Dev. I remember asking Rachel if I could hold Dev. I did and Mom decided to take a picture of us together. Kodak moment, right?"

"Anyways, Rachel said she gave birth to Dev while she and Danny were in Glasgow working on the first Roger Rabbit. Dev was born at the end of January '88, right before the Super Bowl. But the Abbotts were told by the Scottish doctors to wait till Dev was about three or four months old before they could bring him home to Los Angeles."