As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Forgot about that. Went back and fixed it.
Starting in July 2008, Super Milk Chan will become the first Paramount branded English dub.
Wasn't Saint Seiya gonna be dubbed by Peacock? Is that still happening?

I just thought I'd bring it up, considering we're talking about old anime getting super-late releases.
Great!

And is Saint Seiya still coming?

Is it going to have HD remasters for the modern age?

Wasn't Saint Seiya gonna be dubbed by Peacock? Is that still happening?

I just thought I'd bring it up, considering we're talking about old anime getting super-late releases.
Yes that is correct. I forgot if that was meant for kids or adults.

True. But the rest of Hollywood is still playing catch up with Fox, Lionsgate and New Line with respect to anime dubs. Universal dabbled in dubs back in the early 80's with its dub of Dog of Flanders, but received negative criticism for leaving out the deaths fo Patarasche and Nello just to have a second season comprised of recycled footage.

Universal dabbled in dubs back in the early 80's with its dub of Dog of Flanders, but received negative criticism for leaving out the deaths fo Patarasche and Nello just to have a second season comprised of recycled footage.
Aw! Fuckin' spoilers man!

Also, did their dub of Cardcaptors do any good?

Yes that is correct. I forgot if that was meant for kids or adults.

True. But the rest of Hollywood is still playing catch up with Fox, Lionsgate and New Line with respect to anime dubs. Universal dabbled in dubs back in the early 80's with its dub of Dog of Flanders, but received negative criticism for leaving out the deaths fo Patarasche and Nello just to have a second season comprised of recycled footage.

Yeah, it sucked.....

Saint Seiya could be for youth audiences if USA Action Extreme Team is still around on USA Cartoon Express.

And did Cardcaptors do good?

Cardcaptors was Universal's comeback into the anime dubbing arena and got better reviews than Dog of Flanders.

The second season of Universal's version of Dog of Flanders mainly consisted of recycled footage chopped up and rearranged to construct a story arc that focuses on a puppy love dynamic between Nello and Aloise.

What the heck?

Why would they do that?
The climate in the US back in the early 80's had gotten to a point where SatAm programming could only consist of safe, saccharine series like The Smurfs and the original Strawberry Shortcake.

Despite that, CBS aired the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon right in the middle of the Satanic Panic.

But mainly, death was off limits for SatAm shows during those years.

Saint Seiya will be shown on USA Cartoon Express in Spring 2008.
Cool!

But how is Action Extreme Team doing because we've never talked about it?
So what company owns Johnny Test ITTL?
WB.
The climate in the US back in the early 80's had gotten to a point where SatAm programming could only consist of safe, saccharine series like The Smurfs and the original Strawberry Shortcake.

Despite that, CBS aired the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon right in the middle of the Satanic Panic.

But mainly, death was off limits for SatAm shows during those years.
Warner Bros.

The show aired on MyTV a year or so before it folded.
I remember that.
Ah, I understand. It didn't get, like, six seasons or so like OTL.

It could probably do good as acquired content for CN or Nick or something.
Right, or even moved to CN after the Turner-Paramount merger.

Cool!

But how is Action Extreme Team doing because we've never talked about it?
The Savage Dragon aired on that block, making it the first Image Comics adaptation before Image was sold to Turner in the early 2000's.

As part of the TBS-Paramount merger, Paramount will have access to the Savage Dragon and other Image properties.

Outside of that show, the Action Extreme Team also aired reruns of a few Nintendo, Marvel, DC and Archie/Gemini shows.

The Savage Dragon aired on that block, making it the first Image Comics adaptation before Image was sold to Turner in the early 2000's.

As part of the TBS-Paramount merger, Paramount will have access to the Savage Dragon and other Image properties.

Outside of that show, the Action Extreme Team also aired reruns of a few Nintendo, Marvel, DC and Archie/Gemini shows.
Cool!

I do have ideas for how Peacock Animation could become more bigger and popular if you wanna hear it in the PMs.