Aust civil war 1920s/30s

Could Aust have experienced a civil war between competing rightist and Communist groups during the post-WWI period ? OTL, there were right-wing proto-fascist veterans groups in the 1920s such as the New Guard, who did arm and train to fight against suspected Communists, and I think there were a few brawls between them. WI there'd been major outbreaks by the time of the Great Depression between these competing poltiical groups, in the same fashion as in Bavaria and Hungary during 1919-20, or in Germany and Italy around the period before Hitler and Mussolini came to power ? Could Aust have been enguled in civil war ?

Well anything is possible. The New Guard, however, weren't all that big all things considered, nor were the communists for that matter. Then there's the Australian attitude to such radical politics which, if anything, would see most Australians turn against both groups more than be split between them.

The same could be said for 1975, when the Dismissal certainly got passions going. I'd say the only time a civil war of some description could have ever taken place was if Gough replied to his dismissal "Get Stuffed! Come & drag me out of Parliament" But he didn't &, although there was alot of yelling & screaming coming from the ALP diehards, nothing akin to a civil war occured. So if nothing happened in the OTL 1975, I can't see anything serious taking place in the early 1930s, even if some New Guard idiot did cut the ribbon to the Sydney Harbour Bridge before Lang got to do it.